Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sick Burn, Ikea. Sick Burn.

The Ikea catalog came the other day and I couldn't help but thumb through it. See, I'm moving soon and could use some furnishings to make wherever the place I call, "home," homey. Ikea tends to preach 'vertical living', with the thinking that you can create more space by building up. Currently, Craigslist is devoid of vacant windmills and smokestacks in the Boston area, but I'm on the lookout.

Anyway, I was perusing the chair section, if only to glance at the wacky names of the products. The names are, essentially, a mixture of every contestant on 'World's Strongest Man' and the liner notes of Peter, Bjorn and John's last album.

Then I came across...

The Jeff!

I was so excited for a fleeting moment.

The Jeff, as it turns out, is nothing more than a $4.99 standard folding chair. Bullshit. What did I ever do to Ikea? So, the next time you're in overflow seating on the High Holidays, or at some sort of company related annual meeting, think of me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, we bought two jeffs in black. they're on our balcony.