Friday, June 27, 2008

Am I A Baseball Fan?

I've been watching baseball my whole life. Playing baseball, playing fantasy baseball, collecting baseball cards. I have an old beat up Red Sox hat that looks worse than Nick Nolte. I consider October 2004 the best month of my life.

But, right now, I can't watch a baseball game.

I don't know what it is, but every time I flip on the Sox I change the channel within 3 minutes. Forget lasting through a pitching change, I can barely wait for the score to pop up before I'm flipping the channel to watch the 37th re-run of America's Best Dance Crew 2.

I'm not really sure what's wrong with me, but I've narrowed it down to 2 things:

Complacency - Maybe I'm feeling OK with things after two championships in the past 3 seasons. Um, probably not, I'll gladly take many more.

Urgency - With the Bruins and Celtics playing playoff games as the Sox started their marathon season, I found it hard and unimportant to watch. Yea, that's gotta be it.

The Sox started their season on March 25. The Bruins ended theirs on April 22 and the Celtics, as we all know, ended theirs on June 17.

Now, I'm used to the overlap in seasons, but normally I'm praying for the baseball season because the C's and B's have been so pathetic.

I'm sure I'll get back into the baseball groove, and right now, it's a pretty good problem to have.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

No comments: