Sunday, March 29, 2009

In Which I Purchase and Wear The Greatest Shirt of All Time

It's no secret that the Mighty Ducks Trilogy have had a great impact on me. So when my buddy Singer linked me to this site I freaked out. Originally they only had 5 or 6 Ducks shirts, which I fantasized about buying. Then, I checked a week or so ago and saw the ultimate:


Gunnar fucking Stahl, the greatest Junior Goodwill Games Hockey player of all time. I love Gunnar. My fantasy baseball team name was The Gunnar Stahl Experience one year, it's been a trivia team name as well. The guy's a legend. He dominated, showed deference when getting stoned by Julie "The Cat" Gaffney, pwned Wolf "The Dentist" Stansson, secretly moved to America under the name of Scooter, matriculated into Eden Hall, won the position of Varsity goaltender, then hooked up with Julie "The Cat" Gaffney.

Naturally, I bought the shirt and had to wear it out.

Originally we went to this plush douchefest in some snazzy lounge and I was woefully underdressed and totally uncomfortable drinking $10 G&T's in a tshirt. Things got better as we headed to an epic Irish bar with damn good Guinness and normal clientele. I was home.

As I was getting drinks, a guy came up to me and freaked out about the shirt. He said he originally wondered if Stahl was my last name or something, then saw the Iceland logo and knew. Throughout the night as we all progressively got drunker he kept calling me "GUNNAR!" and towards the end, Katelyn remembered he would follow me to the jukebox and suggest that I play Icelandic music. I was naturally flummoxed.

Moral of the story: Stahl jersey rules. I cant wait to buy this new Adam Banks one they just made.

God, I'm a fucking loser.



1 comment:

Zach said...

Did you buy the Cake Eater shirt yet?